Helpful Tips & Information
COMFORCARE WANTS YOU TO BE SAFE AND HEALTHY AND REMAIN INDEPENDENT IN YOUR OWN HOME. OUR CAREGIVERS FOLLOW CDC GUIDELINES IN KEEPING WITH ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. SOCIAL DISTANCING DOESN’T MEAN COMPLETE ISOLATION. OUR STAFF IS BUSY MAKING SURE NO ONE FEELS ISOLATED.
***COMFORCARE HELPFUL TIPS UPDATES AND INFORMATION***
· Beware of scams: Do not fall for phone calls, texts, emails or websites that ask for personal or financial information.
· Do not let anyone in your home that you do not know. if they are claiming to be healthcare workers, IRS, Social Security, FPL, etc. Call to verify.
· Social Security will not call you unless you are already working with the agency on an issue. Hang up. Call SSA main number is (800) 772-1213 to verify call.
· IRS will not call you. Just hang up. No government agency will ask you to wire or send money or gift cards as a form of payment. IRS main number is (800) 829-1040 to verify call.
· Emails from” health authorities”: When COVID-19 was just ramping up, cybercriminals were already on it. Pretending to be health officials, they sent out emails with instructions on how to prevent coronavirus infection. These instructions, disguised as PDF, mp4, docx files, contained malware, which harvested sensitive data or took over infected devices.
· Stay home: Stay home and stay safe.
· Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
· Manage stress: Acute and chronic stress compromises your immune system.
· Structure is important every day.
· Make your bed, do personal care, get dressed and move around your home.
· Avoid excessive coffee drinking, chocolate and alcohol.
· Nutrition: Make healthy choices.
· Sleep: Good sleep helps restore and maintain balance for better health.
· Breathe: Relaxation techniques help you manage your stress.
· News: Control how much news you are listening or watching.
· Changes: Adapt to life style changes during this temporary crisis time.